We had the pleasure of having O’Neill Williams on this episode to get his take on deer calls and how he using them effectively in the woods. O’Neill has over 50 years of hunting so its safe to say hunting is in his blood. The ideology behind his methods for hunting deer while using calls in the south east states comes with the minimalist mindset. He sticks with the basics when using game calls to lurer in the deer. Listen to the podcast to understand way.
- O’Neill goes over having a minimalist mindset when using game calls.
- We learn about his social reach though an old school but awesome method which is using AM radio waves.
- We talk to O’Neill about bucks grunts, dow bleats and rattle sticks on when to use them and why.
- We discuss his option about scent control.
- O’Neill shares on a story about his biggest buck ever taken and how game calls help contribute to getting the job done.
Legendary Whitetails Book Set I, II & III
The question that O’Neill asked during this episode:
Q? Why does the rut in Georgia start in November but Alabama’s rut starts in January?
** hint… its not the moon face nor the weather as those only changes the activity level but it does not change the timing of the rut.
We need your help!
We want to have a badass catchphrase, however, so far we have come up with nothing. If you’ve listened to the whole podcast of each episode, you might have noticed that we can’t seem to come up with something at the end. Comment below or send us an email with what you come up with and if we like it, we’ll use it.
Follow Us On Facebook:
Follow Us On Twitter:
Follow Us On Google +:
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.